28 ARTISTS & JOURNALISTS
their work and words, interviews, blogs, images, hints, tips, websites
and more...

Thursday, November 15, 2012

More Playing with Primaries

I did this a few years ago with my basic primaries...in this case, Cadmium Yellow Medium, Phthalo Blue, and Quinacridone Red.  I was happy with this little farmscape.

Went for bolder mixes yesterday, in my journal...Quin, Rose, Phthalo Blue, and Hansa Yellow in this set.

You can go very subtle, too, if you wish...this is those same three primaries, but blended into varied blue grays.  (Hero M-86 pen with Polar Brown ink, for the under-drawing.)

So are you still experimenting?  Share on our Artist's Journal Workshop group on Facebook if you like! https://www.facebook.com/groups/artists.journal.workshop/?ref=ts&fref=ts or in our Flickr group!

3 comments:

  1. Love the bolder mixes, Kate! But that portrait of Joseph is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary! The beard makes him look a bit dour, sometimes, but I liked the sketch too.

      Delete
  2. Nice work here Kate! And yes, that farmscape is very nice. I love your use of values light-dark-light-dark, going down the page. I don't think of values in combinations often enough. The other two sketches a great too!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love your feedback...please share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...