28 ARTISTS & JOURNALISTS
their work and words, interviews, blogs, images, hints, tips, websites
and more...

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Spam spam spam spam...?!?!

Hi all...

I have no idea what's been going on lately, but I've deleted nearly 20 spam posts to the blog in the past two days, all of them from that very-busy "Anonymous" guy.  I've disabled the setting for "anyone can post including anonymous" because I'm tired of dealing with it.

I hope that doesn't keep YOU from commenting, we do want to hear from you!

4 comments:

  1. Comments, not posts, correct? I get this blog as a feed and I've not gotten any new posts in my feed. Yes, keeping on top of comments is a problem but Google's blogspot has a pretty good spam filter and has kept most of it out of the 2 blogs for which I Admin!
    --Kate B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I caught them in the spam filter, but well over a dozen in two days was too big a pain! Off with their heads! :D And yes, comments...

    I'm afraid you hadn't gotten new posts because I'd been swamped! Oooops...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always approve posts. At wordpress we get spam -- not a lot, but it happens. We can also report them, and often they are people who want to write your post for you? Wha???? No bother to me -- I'll keep posting when moved!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't normally get a lot, but the last few days have been crazy! And yes, I've had some "content" offers too. Mostly here we get comments that don't apply to the post, with a link to their completely unrelated page!

      Delete

We'd love your feedback...please share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...