28 ARTISTS & JOURNALISTS
their work and words, interviews, blogs, images, hints, tips, websites
and more...

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

playing with Sailor fude pen and water-soluble ink


Last week we went to a Houston greenhouse in search of tomato plants for a fall garden. Up till yesterday, it's been in the 90s here in central Texas and we had heard that there are two growing seasons here, before and after the big summer heat.

We found no tomatoes there . . . Apparently fall gardens are put out in August and they had sold out. But we were able to find some nearby at Home Depot. Bill also found this purple leafed perennial ground cover he wants for the planting box he built next to his woodshop's porch. We're trying a couple of these plants, along with some tiny pink lilies our friend Ron recently gave us, to see if either one likes the location. And whether the deer like them. Whichever wins gets to fill the bed.

I'm continuing to play with my inexpensive Sailor fude de Mannen pen with its water-soluble ink cartridge. When the cartridge is used up, I plan to fill it with a water-resistant ink using a syringe. I also used my muted granulating earth watercolors on the plant . . . then wished I hadn't. The leaves and flower should have been a bit brighter.

7 comments:

  1. Nice drawing Vicky. I'm a fan of syringe filling but Sailor does sell a converter for their fude pens if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Larry! I saw the converter when I ordered the pen but decided to fill my own.

      Delete
  2. You're doing terrific things with that pen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a fun little pen -- so light-weight for size!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the middle one shown in this blog post, where I'm comparing it to the Hero fude you gave me. Not as elegant looking as the Hero but it seems to dance on paper.
      http://vickylwilliamson.blogspot.com/2016/09/new-toys.html

      Delete
  4. Thank you! So it's the long green one...I've got one of those, nice!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love your feedback...please share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...