28 ARTISTS & JOURNALISTS
their work and words, interviews, blogs, images, hints, tips, websites
and more...

Thursday, August 16, 2012

FINALLY, a new mini-class!


Whee, finally finished the self-directed color class and got it up on my website...though I probably should have JUST called it "sketching in color," since I included some exercises and mediums that take a bit longer. It's up to you, and how you define words like "sketch" and "quick."

Of course, there's nothing inherently superior in sketching fast, it's just what many of us need to do in order to have any creative time at all! 

Many of my readers and students express a desire for more time, or a key to working fast, or a wish to work more loosely.  The 4-lesson course offers a LOT of ideas about all of those, in addition to exploring a variety of mediums.

We play with watercolor, colored pencils, watercolor pencils, colored inks, markers, mixed media,  and even kids' crayons!  You'll be able to decide what's your go-to medium for most needs, or find a brand new favorite.



You'll find exercises, demos, tips, videos, links and more...and FUN.

And of course, as you can see, many of  the examples from the class are pages from my own journals...that's where I do most of my quick sketching.

Take a peek!  It joins my other online classes here: http://www.cathyjohnson.info/online.html



2 comments:

We'd love your feedback...please share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...