28 ARTISTS & JOURNALISTS
their work and words, interviews, blogs, images, hints, tips, websites
and more...

Friday, August 21, 2015

Morning at the Lake


Morning at the Lake
©2015 Steve Penberthy
Watercolor on Strathmore Gemini 140-lb paper in handmade sketchbook, 
6.75" x 10.25" (17 x 26 cm)

I painted this sketch in my handmade sketchbook containing my favorite watercolor paper, Strathmore Gemini 140-lb CP.  It has the right amount of sizing that works for my style.

More info about my handmade sketchbook.

5 comments:

  1. Love the early morning light, Steve! And thank you so much for the link to your sketchbook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Kate! Are you still using Fabriano in your books? I know you love the paper, and I still have never tried it--I'll have to buy a few sheets to try out. I've almost filled up my 2nd handmade sketchbook of this type, so I'll need to make another one soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The current one, mostly, yes--Fabriano HP in this one. I love their soft press, too...used to love CP, but they changed the surface. I'm trying out different papers in my journals too, since papers DO change and I need to stay at least somewhat flexible!

      Delete
  3. There's so much atmosphere in this sketch. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love your feedback...please share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...