28 ARTISTS & JOURNALISTS
their work and words, interviews, blogs, images, hints, tips, websites
and more...

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Sketching Trees

March 2011: Park by apple-pine
March 2011: Park a photo by apple-pine on Flickr.

One of great joys in sketching for me is working on trees. I look forward to winter month to work on their skeletons and make lists and maps of trees to draw... I have to admit that by the time I get to that skeleton I very often find it full of leaves ;) But I have fun nonetheless - and would encourage anyone to meet and sketch more trees - they will stand still for you for long periods of time and never utter a word of criticism! :)

9 comments:

  1. What a lovely sketch - such depth of field and variation in tone. Super.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nina, this is wonderful...what a sense of distance! Your foreground tree really stands out...and what a great tree, love its gesture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A subject that doesn't move! Now there's an idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tree bark offers so many textures…an artists delight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the same about sketching trees. I sketch them all the time, and my favourite paintings are landscapes with lots of trees. I also grow bonsai and incorporate them into my sketches when I can't get out and about.

    Love the sketch above

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hadn't thought about them staying still but that's so true.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love your feedback...please share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...