28 ARTISTS & JOURNALISTS
their work and words, interviews, blogs, images, hints, tips, websites
and more...

Saturday, August 6, 2011

August 2011: Straw Flowers and Paper Challenges

August 2011: Straw Flowers by apple-pine
August 2011: Straw Flowers, a photo by apple-pine on Flickr.
This is one of the most colorful flower arrangements I've ever had - very fiery and very strong! I wanted to paint it very much.
But current sketchbook is giving me hard times with colors in it... And since I am in the mood to accept this challenge of 30 definitely not perfect pages, I decided to do several takes on the same subject. This is strictly black and white version. But I will try all sorts of alternatives in search for the best portrait of this fire and best technique with this slick and buckling paper. Stay tuned :)

1 comment:

We'd love your feedback...please share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...