28 ARTISTS & JOURNALISTS
their work and words, interviews, blogs, images, hints, tips, websites
and more...

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Go with the flow...those accordion sketchbooks


Part of the fun of the accordion journal is letting the image flow from page to page...it's a bit tricky unless you have a flat surface to work on, but it IS a lot of fun.  Nice design challenge!

(You can click on the image to see it larger) 

This is my California Journal, showing the flowers that were in bloom, bits of a courtyard, the mountains, my husband, and to the far right, my mother-in-law's nasturtiums and the start of a 3-page spread of the ocean.  I take it with me every time I go out there (my husband's dad still lives there) and add to it or not, as the spirit moves...I don't normally set aside a journal for a theme like this, but the accordions seem to lend themselves to that especially well.


3 comments:

  1. I like this journal being dedicated to one place. Sort of makes the journal itself a friend you return to visit once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work, Kate. How will you know when it's complete? Will you add any text (writing) to it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicky, you're right and it gives me something to look forward to! I hope to get to the La Brea Tar Pits again, which I LOVED--would be neat to have some of that stuff there.

    Thank you, Laure! If you enlarge it you can see there's a bit of text already. I didn't try headlines, I'm not very good at that...

    ReplyDelete

We'd love your feedback...please share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...