28 ARTISTS & JOURNALISTS
their work and words, interviews, blogs, images, hints, tips, websites
and more...

Friday, January 7, 2011

Responding to your requests!

Several have asked for information on lettering...so far that's the second-most frequent request in our poll at right.  Until we have some input from our correspondents--and there are some WONDERFUL calligraphy artists here!--I've added a few books on calligraphy and hand lettering in the Bookshelf category at right.

Many of these have the "look inside" capability on Amazon, to take advantage and poke around!  (If you hit "surprise me" you can see much more...

This one's one of my favorites...it's fun and inspiring!  If you click on the image, it will take you to the book--wish this one had a "look within" feature, sorry!





And if you have a favorite lettering resource, please let us know...I couldn't find my favorite books, they must be too old!

4 comments:

  1. Cathy, thanks for this new blog! (I have already linked to it from my Travel Sketchbooking page!)

    Anyway, a hand lettering book I very much enjoyed is entitled (I kid you not) 'Hand Job: A Catalog of Type', by Michael Perry (2007). It's a compendium of the work dozens of typography artists. Here is the Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Hand-Job-Catalog-Michael-Perry/dp/1568986262

    This is also an interesting one too: Handwritten: Expressive Lettering in the Digital Age, by Steven Heller (2006)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the links! I'll check them out..there were a LOT of lettering and calligraphy books out there, but I originally just put the ones I was familiar with...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait! How about this website for inspiration: http://www.dailydropcap.com/

    Pretty neat! And you are invited to use the letters.

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, thank you, how cool is that! I'll add it to our links!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love your feedback...please share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...